Processing of Personal Data
Conpetence processes your personal data:
- When you create an account in the Application: to maintain the secure use of the Application and to enable your use of the Services provided within the Application. Such personal data consists of your name, e-mail address, password, date of birth and language. If you register as an Expert, you will also be required to provide information about your expertise. The legal grounds for processing this personal data is its necessary to perform the agreement between you and Conpetence AB and, as for the date of birth, to fulfill legal obligations. Optional information, that will also be processed if provided, is; gender, address, profession, any other voluntarily provided personal data and, if you are an expert, more details about your expertise as well as payment information. The processing of optional information is based on your consent and you may delete it at any time. The mandatory information will be retained for as long as you have an account in the Application.
- Each time you as a Requester provide your payment card details for the payment of a Live Consultation: to process your payment. This information will only be retained for this purpose for the time it takes to complete each payment process. You will have to re-enter your payment details each time you want to use the Live Consultation feature.
- When you communicate with us through e-mail or contact forms: to process your request. Such personal data can consist of your e-mail address and any other information you provide us. Please be wary of sending any sensitive personal data in unencrypted messages. This information will be retained for as long as needed to process your request and, where applicable, to fulfill legal obligations or to safeguard our legal rights.
- When you for any other purpose publish content on the Application containing your personal data: for such information to remain published until you delete it. This processing is based on your consent.
- For the purpose of fulfilling legal requirements such as book-keeping (retention time for book-keeping is up to 7 years). Such personal data consists of name, e-mail address, address and payment details.
The personal data collected is processed only to the extent and for a period necessary for the purpose of the processing, after which the personal data will be erased.
If Conpetence sends you marketing e-mails related to the Application, this communication is based on our legitimate interest in maintaining our customer relations. However, you may at any time ask us to stop sending you such marketing communication.
Third parties and transfers to third countries
User's public profile
Your public profile (name, profile picture, title/areas of expertise, personal description and where applicable link to LinkedIn profile) is made available to anyone who has downloaded the Application, which means that anyone can copy and otherwise further process such personal data.
To be able to provide you with the Services, Conpetence engages third party service providers (“Processors”) to support Conpetence in its data processing activities. We have a data processing agreement (“DPA”) in place with all our Processors and we make sure to only engage reliable Processors that have a high level of data protection. Where our Processors conduct processing activities in a third country, they are subject to additional safeguarding measures ensuring that the data protection meets the requirements of EU data protection legislation. Below you will find our current list of Processors. We may from time to time make amendments to which Processors we use, whereby the list will be amended accordingly.
- Processor: Stripe
- Service provided: payment processing
- Location of processor: USA
- Extra implemented safeguard: EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (read more on www.privacyshield.gov)
Rights and Obligations of Data Subjects
As a data subject, you always have the right to obtain information from us regarding whether or not we are processing your personal data and if so, which of your personal data we are processing. You may request a copy of that personal data and we will provide you with one.
If you consider the personal data we have on you to be incorrect or incomplete and you cannot change it yourself, you can request us to rectify it.
You can also request us to delete or remove personal data that you are not able to delete yourself. This might be the case if it concerns data we no longer need or if you want to withdraw your consent.
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data if, for example, you think the data is incorrect or you object to the processing of your personal data in general.
You also have the right to receive your personal data in a suitable format or have it transferred to a third party of your choice (data portability).
If you ask us to stop processing your personal data, we will, unless there are compelling legal grounds to continue the processing.
Please note that for the purposes of performing/entering into commercial agreements, you are obliged to provide and allow the processing of certain personal data. Failure to provide such data will prevent the performance of such agreement, or in the event a business relationship already exists, may constitute a crime or breach of contract.
A previously stated, you may at any time ask us to stop sending you marketing communication.
Changes and Updates
Personal Data Breach
In case of a personal data breach, Conpetence will without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than seventy-two (72) hours after having become aware of it, notify the personal data breach to the supervisory authority competent in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“General Data Protection Regulation”), unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
Conpetence AB ., company reg. no. 559271-3092, Kistagången 12, 164 40 Kista, Sweden (“Conpetence”) is the controller of the personal data for which Conpetence determines the purpose and means of processing in this application.
Questions about Conpetence’s processing can be sent to email@example.com
Complaints regarding Conpetence’s processing of personal data can be submitted to Conpetence to the above stated contact information and/or to the Swedish Data Protection Authority (Sw. Datainspektionen).